I heard about a great idea on CNN a few months ago. Apparently a couple working in Africa was inspired to create a “portal” on the net, linking people in developing and developed countries for the purposes of lending money. These microfinances are nothing new, but this idea had just made them even more standard by empowering the average Shmoe with the ability to view profiles of 3rd world entrepreneurs and then choosing whom to lend the money to. Over a few months or a year, you get all of your money back, plus interest! Crazy.
Even crazier is the fact that I remembered to look it up on the net finally. Not like I have money to lend.
The craziest thing of all is that when you go to lend money, there is no one to choose from. Apparently so many Oprah-watching, trend-riding good-doers have gone to the site and lent money, that there is no longer anyone in the 3rd world who needs a loan!!!
Well I guess, it’s a dearth of partner lending organizations that has caused this bottleneck.
Here's the link !
No comments:
Post a Comment